Foodborne Illness

A resource for foodborne illness.

If I have food poisoning, how do I report my case?

The majority of foodborne illness cases go unreported. If you think you have contracted a foodborne illness, you should see a doctor so that he or she can confirm your diagnosis. At this point, the doctor will report his or her findings to the health department. If you did not see a doctor for your illness, but have reason to believe that you have food poisoning, you can also call your local health department to report it.

Connect with Marler Clark


1012 First Avenue
Fifth Floor
Seattle, WA 98104


M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Pacific

Call toll free:

1 (800) 884-9840

If you have questions about foodborne illness, your rights or the legal process, we’d be happy to answer them for you.